Please Visit

2008/06/21

Great Day!


The picture is of a sweat lodge. I was introduced to this Native American Tradition by my friend Kevin, KI6OCK. This morning I visited the new sweat lodge that was built last night. It looks similar to the one in this picture, yet larger, and without the incredible scenery! First day of summer and I got a chance to work Portable on 20 Meters at two seperate locations today( both within CM88) .KC7YTX, Chris in Idaho Falls, Was calling CQ ,working through the atmospheric static, and I was able to answer and have a 5/7 to 5/9 qso with him for a few. Thanks Chris 73.And this evening I set up the Buddistick again in my buddys driveway and called CQ and was answered by WB7QCS, Robert in Lakewood Washington. Conditions were nice this evening and Roberts station sounded 5/9 , 10 or 20 over. I have to say again I am really pleased with the Buddistick Antenna. Have yet to stand it on a mast and experiment with the ground radial. Done a lot of homework on different setups for the ground and found my way to a great website by N4LS. Spent some time viewing his links and was amazed. 73 for now KG6QJJ (OH, plan to shoot some video of the portable in action and post it here soon, so check back )

No comments: